Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Akshay Kumar to Release Maiden Marathi Production

clip
  • After the success of their first production, “OMG – Oh My God,” Grazing Goat Pictures co-producers Akshay Kumar and Ashvini Yardi are set to release their debut Marathi film “72 Miles: Ek Pravas” July 26.

    A hard-hitting, poignant tale of a young boy who makes his journey into self-actualization against the backdrop of a rustic India, “72 Miles: Ek Pravas” explores the coming-of-age journey of 13-year-old Ashok and the relationships he forms along the way. The film aims to transport the audience into post-independence India as experienced by the protagonist Ashok.

    Speaking about his latest venture, Kumar said, “‘72 Miles’ marks our first regional film, and we’re delighted to announce the release date. Marathi isn’t my first language but living in Mumbai, I picked up the language very quickly and immersed myself in the culture.I’ve seen some really interesting Marathi projects and love the cinema. I am personally touched by the story of ‘72 Miles,’ and I hope the audience likes it as much as we do,” he added Kumar and Yardi are confident their film will touch the hearts of audiences and give them a visual introspect of Ashok Vatkar’s autobiography. Inspired from a novel with the same name, “72 Miles: Ek Pravas” explores the impact of a woman named Raddhakka, on Ashok.

    Yardi said, “It was my dream to produce a period film, and with ‘72 Miles,’ I have had the chance to do so. The subject and the plot of the film are so thought-provoking that it forces you to completely engage in the film, connect with the characters and grow with their thought.

    “The film will definitely engage with international audiences despite the language barrier and will let them in on our heritage, our culture and a panoramic setting of post-independence India. I am sure the Marathi audience will be proud of this film.”


No comments:

Post a Comment